Thursday, August 15, 2019

The Checkout Counter

6/22/19


   My daughter got up to the check out counter before I did, and I saw her begin to look at one thing like tic-tacs.  As I came up to her a lady had come up close from another direction, and began to act like she had been there first.  My daughter sheepishly backed off and let the lady ahead of her.
   As I came up with  my kart of groceries the lady had begun to lay her stuff on the conveyer belt.  I felt led to speak up to her about what she did to my daughter.  I asked her who got there first, and she portrayed that my daughter had been looking at things up and down the whole check out counter. I said I knew that youth don't do that like adults do.  They look at one thing that catches there attention.  I told her I was 51, and knew my stuff.
    She began to get her stuff off the conveyer belt, and put them back into her kart to let us go ahead of her.  We got our stuff on the conveyer belt, but the checkout lady was not doing her job as she had to refund everything, and was miffed at me.
    So we stood there forever, and the lady who had been in front of me had gotten on her phone and was talking upset to someone.  She walked away from the checkout counter.  When she got back, she pulled out a bottle of alcohol and began to share it with everyone.  I think she said...well we might as well get drunk now.


No comments:

Post a Comment