Saturday, February 16, 2013

 WE TALK TO JESUS AND GOD, BUT NOT THE HOLY SPIRIT?  
(revised 2/19/13)

 

    About 4-5 years ago, when I came back to a well-known large church, I was told I had the gift of prophecy.  After sharing this with me, they turned to my husband and said, "Do you agree?"  He said, "Yes!" without any hesitancy as he had been through a few things with me that were totally of God, and it was obvious God was trying to use me to speak truth.  However, then I had no idea I was using my gift! 
    Since that day, I felt that if this was the gift God gave me, I'd better learn about it.  God led me on a journey, and he used small things and two big things to help me grow.  Just recently, I have been learning to literally talk to the Holy Spirit (who is our Helper) where I was taught most of my life to suppress him.  Yet, isn't He just like Jesus and God?  Why do we ignore and suppress Him when Jesus said,  "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come."  John 16:13  
     We are quenching the Holy Spirit when we ignore His guidance and are afraid to talk to Him!  When I was young I'd say things like, "I felt a voice trying to warn me, and I didn't listen." "Was that my conscience?"  I had no idea it was the Holy Spirit!  I could barely hear His direction in my life because I did not accept Him, but suppressed His role in my life!  How sad!
     Just lately, God has been playing a much more clear role in my gift.   My spirit senses that something in the spirit realm changed this year -  2013.  This is when my gift became very strong, and I began to learn how to pray down the demonic strongholds against me and my family.  I have since moved on to praying down the demonic strongholds for churches and men in leadership with whom I also pray for their protection. 
      After gaining freedom from demonic control of the spirits of Unforgiveness, Anger, Insecurity and Rejection that had taken control of me during the Fall 2012, I started to accept, talk and listen to the Holy Spirit.  Suddenly, I felt like I was a new believer who had just received Jesus!  I felt whole, and so happy! 
     God brought me across people who said I had been filled with the Holy Spirit or had had an "Awakening."  God revealed Himself to me in such an amazing way!  During this time, my kids and husband loved the new me!  Now I can hear the Holy Spirit more clearly at times, esp. when I fast and pray!  Moving away from wordly things while fasting and praying seems to heighten the awareness of the Holy Spirit communing with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment